Download the NEW FREE Bodyboarder App, View Past Issues Free, News, Forums, Store and more! Coming to Android soon!

Thread: Go pro bodyboard instal mount picutres

Go pro bodyboard instal mount picutres

I used an FCS fin plug and the gopro fin plug attachment. Was pretty basic as you can see in my pictures... I bought the FCS fin plug mounts for cheap too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've already lost one goPro to the mother, trust me - a hard hit on a duck dive and it's going to rip that FCS right out of the sponge. The FCS only works on surfboards because it's resin bound to the fiberglass (and know of at least one surfer who lost it with an FCS - the screw only applies so much pressure to the FCS shank.)

You need to drill it through and use nylon bolts like below. You'll also find the direct mount limiting, the triple swivel will help so you can swing left and right. You'll need to file out the back of it so it swings back far enough to at least get a forward-view, otherwise it's pointed down at the nose of the board. An old leash mount works great as backup insurance, the mounts are plastic and CAN break.

Both of them are a bit rough and get a lot of whitewater shots, the best is a head strap with the strap **securely** tethered to your wetsuit strap or wrist with a pet leash.

Unfortunately most of the video I've gotten sucks. Great resolution, crappy waves. :-\
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seaweed; 11-26-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I've already lost one goPro to the mother, trust me - a hard hit on a duck dive and it's going to rip that FCS right out of the sponge. The FCS only works on surfboards because it's resin bound to the fiberglass (and know of at least one surfer who lost it with an FCS - the screw only applies so much pressure to the FCS shank.)

You need to drill it through and use nylon bolts like below. You'll also find the direct mount limiting, the triple swivel will help so you can swing left and right. You'll need to file out the back of it so it swings back far enough to at least get a forward-view, otherwise it's pointed down at the nose of the board. An old leash mount works great as backup insurance, the mounts are plastic and CAN break.

Both of them are a bit rough and get a lot of whitewater shots, the best is a head strap with the strap **securely** tethered to your wetsuit strap or wrist with a pet leash.

Unfortunately most of the video I've gotten sucks. Great resolution, crappy waves. :-\
    Hasn't yet, used t a bunch of times as well. I have always used sponge rez sealed leash plug kits and my leash has never popped out either. Even after 10 years.

I used the box mount that came with the camera and nylon screws from The Home Depot. Tethered the camera to the leash with 80 lb monofilament. Made a float also tethered with mono. Works Awesome!!

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck67 View Post
    I used the box mount that came with the camera and nylon screws from The Home Depot. Tethered the camera to the leash with 80 lb monofilament. Made a float also tethered with mono. Works Awesome!!

Chuck
    really glad to hear that! im planning on doing the same thing but it seems everyone is making it harder than it should be aha. Id be Super happy to get some feedback on how its holding up!

Does anyone here have any experience with the e-bb go pro mount plug? Any good and or do I have to buy other pieces to make it work? I like the whole idea of only punching the least amount of holes on my board ie leash plug...and possibly a go pro mount, thanks.

Made a Board mount using my friend Matt's design. A leash plug sits right in the slots w/ 3 positioning options and is secured with just a tightened plug. It could be cut cleaner but works fine. I'd suggest making a template out of cardstock before cutting the aluminum and test fitting the plug into the slots. You'll need some 1/8" aluminum plate, cut to rough shape with saw (band saw cuts like butter) and grind/bevel edges and sharp corners. Drill out as much of the slots as possible (clamp it down when using drill or drill press) Use a Dremel or die-grinder with aluminum grinding bit to finish it. I'd suggest cementing some 80 grit wetdry sand paper on the bottom to keep it from moving around (draw back of only 1 fastening point)
    the waves was ono

Quote Originally Posted by ethan gnar
    really glad to hear that! im planning on doing the same thing but it seems everyone is making it harder than it should be aha. Id be Super happy to get some feedback on how its holding up!
    The mount so far has worked great. Big foot print and no problems. Has been use in surf up to 5-7 foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhaman View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience with the e-bb go pro mount plug? Any good and or do I have to buy other pieces to make it work? I like the whole idea of only punching the least amount of holes on my board ie leash plug...and possibly a go pro mount, thanks.
    i just bought that plug and it works great. i used it yesterday at Makaha in about 8 foot face waves and it held up really good. i took some cracks to test it out and it pasted my test and i have the video to prove it.

Just finished a clean expandable gopro pole. Pole is expandable to a little over 4 feet. Gonna try it out Saturday at upper trestles.

Thread Information